Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Beginning

My name is Jerrico Colada, Jayson Colada Adam's favorite (and only) Uncle from his mom's side.  I have been speaking with Jayson regarding starting a blog to help him battle through his disease.   It allows him to communicate with the many classmates, friends and family who wish for his improved health.  Though I am creating the first post, this blog will be kept by Jayson from here on out.

As many of you are aware, Jayson started treatment on Saturday, December 10 and so far he is doing well.  He constantly has a stream of visitors throughout the day.  Even at night, a family member stays with him (usually his mom) so he is literally never alone.

To say that Jayson is special is an understatement.  In the eyes of my two sons, Jayson has achieved rockstar status.  They follow his every lead and believe his every word.  It is a wonder that Jayson does not take advantage of this power more than he does.  His courageous spirit, laid back style and infectious smile makes my day.  I am so looking forward to reading these posts and to be continued to be inspired by my little nephew.   

Jayson has a huge challenge ahead of him.  The difficulties in front of him are to me unfathomable.  We all have difficulties in life, obstacles that we must overcome but few greater than that confronting Jayson.  I invite all of you in your own way to find something about your life that you have the ability to change and commit to it now.  Whether it be writing that great novel, becoming a healthier individual, improving relationships with people, improving your relationship with God, whatever you decide.  Think about it then commit to it.  Set your goal, write all of the sacrifices that you have to make to achieve that goal and then resolve each day to make those sacrifices.  I am certain that soon you too will find yourself inspired by my little nephew and then each of us, in our own way, will have our "walk with jayson".

1 comment:

  1. Jayson had a good day today. Thanks to Elise and Mom for the visit. Itdefinitely cheered him up.

    ReplyDelete