Sunday, November 24, 2013

Dearest Jayson

Thank you for your prayers and expressions of condolences. Jayson was laid to rest yesterday afternoon on a beautiful day. I will have a post in a few days that described the visitation and funeral.  In the meantime, I wanted to share this poetic letter written by my sister, Jannette, to Jayson.  God bless you all.



Dearest Jayson

As I lay here thinking about your life and what I should say,
I find myself thanking God for sending you our way.

I can’t begin to tell you how proud I am of you,
You handled your illness so courageously and fought on through and through.

I was there in the delivery room and saw how happy your mom and dad were.
Your Ate Kristen tried to give you away, because she really wanted a girl.

I’m sure her feelings changed since then because I know how much all this hurts her.
Despite what she said about you back then…you were a perfect brother.

There’s a special bond that you have with your Kuya Justin, Ate Kristen, and Kei
No matter how far apart you seem to be, nothing can ever take that away.

I can’t even begin to imagine what your parents are currently going through,
But I must say that I’m so proud of them for never giving up on you.

They spent days and nights at the hospital, each and every day.
Holding your hands, and kissing you, and finding the right words to say.

Your mom did an incredible job with the blog, and I’m so proud to be her sister.
You’re sitting up there in heaven now and I know that you really miss her.

Thank you for always loving your cousins, especially my own four kids.
They will always treasure the memories together, and all the kind things that you did.

I am sure that you’re with Tita Anna now, and she’s there taking care of you,
Please tell her that I love her and miss her and that she’s being thought of too.

I take comfort in knowing that you’re now happy and healthy up there.
Surrounded by all our loved ones, God really answered our prayers.

We must now go on living our life without having you physically here.
We will be there to comfort one another year, after year, after year.

It was an honor to “Walk With You”, Jayson.  You are now finally pain free.
I ask that you return the favor, and always come walking with me.

I love you…I miss you…May you rest in peace.

Love always,
Tita Net







No comments:

Post a Comment