Monday, November 11, 2013

Please Pray

I ask for your prayers for Jayson. He is not doing well and may soon be called home.

He's been having issues with shortness of breath this past 5-6 days. Yesterday we noticed that he was confused a lot, talking about random topics.  He would have moments of clarity and we could communicate with him, but those moments seem to get fewer and fewer. He got more restless in the early evening, sometimes moaning. Then later that evening he didn't want to take some scheduled medication.  This was the first time he refused to take his medications. Usually if he wasn't ready for it, he would tell me if he needed a few minutes, but would then take it as promised. We also noticed that his hands and feet were cooler than the rest of his body. This could be an indication that his heat regulating system was failing.

A hospice nurse was sent to our home late last night to monitor him and administer additional medication to help keep him calm and allow him to sleep. Of course this means that we aren't able to interact with him. We just continued to talk to him because I've been told that hearing is one of the last things to go. So, I pray that he is able to hear us.

Henry contacted my mother-in-law and our oldest son,Justin, last night to let them know of Jayson's condition. Justin arrived with my dad just before midnight. My mother-in-law soon arrived after them with my brother-in-law.  We have been taken turns being with Jayson, making sure he's not alone.

The first hospice nurse left about midnight, but another nurse took over and is still with us.  He has been updating us on Jayson's vitals and according to him there are indications that Jayson's body is slowly shutting down.

Please pray for Jayson. If it's Jayson's time to go, we pray that he doesn't suffer more and that he will go in peace.

I want to end this post by sharing this quote that I found posted on Jayson's Facebook last night. Based on the date of this posting, Jayson was in remission at this time.

"The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for. Be thankful." 

by Jayson 2/12/13

4 comments:

  1. Our prayers are with you our dear friends. We love you all deeply!
    Love, The Salazar Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name Is Dyana I'm from a sorta small town Coos Bay, Oregon. I've been reading your blog for the past month now maybe longer. A friend of Jayson's, Leian Ramos? Told me about you. Ever since I check daily on Jayson's status. Someone I've never met has inspired me so much I told my family about him and read out loud when ever there a new post. You've touched so many people hearts. You are definitely in my family and friends prayers up here in Oregon. :) <3
    "Even without a song in your heart, Sing anyway"

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you! Stay strong and God bless you always.
    Love, Tana, Elena, Leiana, and Ionatana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening. I heard about this blog site for Jayson through my daughter whom also attends Westview. We follow ur blogs weekly and continue to pray for Jayson and strength to the family..may God Bless you...

    ReplyDelete