Friday, September 27, 2013

New Prayer Request

Uncle Jerry here writing this post.  The family is at a crossroads and looking for answers.  My sister Jessie asked me to post today since the internet is currently down at the Naval Medical Center and she urgently wanted to blog for prayers for the family. 

I had the privilege to spend the night with Jayson.  I had made arrangements with my sister to come for the night and I insisted that I stay with Jayson while they get some rest.  I arrived at 10 p.m. from Rancho Cucamonga.  Jess, Kuya Jojo (Henry) and Keilani were watching TV and having dinner in the room next to Jayon.  Auntie Del (Adams) was quietly reading next to Jayson who was sleeping when I arrived.  They filled me in on what happened for the past days.  My last visit was on Tuesday during the extubation.

He is working so very hard for every breath, for every drink, for every movement.  His breathing is labored and struggles to communicate.  He is constantly thirsty and his thirst is never quenched.  He is constantly struggling to find a comfortable position but has a difficult time finding it.  He had a PET scan this morning and still running a fever.  They are currently trying to figure out why there is such difficulty breathing.  After he drinks he will begin to cough and my heart breaks.  He struggles so mightily to cough out his phlegm and I see tears streaming down his face.  I have a difficult time seeing my nephew like this and I don't know how to help him.  I encourage him to cough, wipe away his tears and try to suction out the mucous in his mouth.  I turn away so he doesn't see me wipe away my tears.  We glance at each other and there is sadness in his eyes.  I ask him if he is tired and he nods his head.  This cycles continues and I am saddened.  I am saddened at the state of my nephew and at the decisions that the family will have to make very soon.  I prayed the rosary last night for the first time in a long time.

I ask him if he can handle this and he looks at me and nods yes.  Amazing is the strength and courage of this man, truly amazing!  All of the struggles that he goes through, all of the pain that he endures, all of the tears that he sheds and he has a confidence about him that says, "I can handle this."  There is another family meeting later  today and we are asking God to continue to guide Jess and Kuya Jo to make the right decisions no matter how difficult they may be.  I also would like to thank my amazing sister and brother-in-law for the work they have done to raise such a beautiful, courageous, tireless young man.  He is a true gift from God.  You are truly loved Jayson, but you know that already.  I would tell you that I am proud of you, but you know that as well.  I will just say that you have taught me so much more than you will every know and you will forever be a source of strength, pride and inspiration for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment