Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Going Home...

Jayson Beaver
Jayson will be heading home to Murrieta sometime this afternoon. His medical team is getting all the medications, supplies, bed and equipment ordered.  They are also making all the necessary arrangements for Jayson's care while at home.  Jayson is excited to go home. He's already requested beef sinigang from his Grandma Lucy for dinner.

He's tired right now because he didn't get too much sleep last night.  I've been encouraging him to sleep since this morning, but he's been restless. His lack of sleep is obvious.  He's showing some signs of confusion and he sometimes says things that don't make sense. For example, he was telling his sister, Keilani, not to put something in her mouth and telling his cousin AJ not to jump on the bed.  Neither Keilani nor AJ are here. He's also mentioned that he has an assignment due for his Graphic Design class. I told him his teacher knows he's in the hospital so she wouldn't be expecting him to turn in that assignment at this time.

With Taryn wearing the shirts they had made.

Earlier this morning, Fr. Spencer came by and prayed with Jayson and also gave thanks for the improvement he's made. He also gave him Holy Communion before saying good-bye.

Right now, Jayson is getting red blood transfusion. This will take about 2 hours to complete. Afterwards, he'll be getting 2 units of platelets which will take about an hour. This should give him some energy afterwards.

During the 5 1/2 weeks here at the NMCSD PICU, we have met many incredible people. Many offered words of encouragement and prayers. Here are few of Jayson's angels here on earth.

Dr.Berns has seen Jayson from the very beginning.

Maria comes in everyday cheerful & smiling.


Tatay visits before & after his shift to see Jayson


Resp. Therapist Felix includes Jayson in his daily prayers.


Jayson was watching me as I was working on this post and he asked me if I was writing a story.  I told him I was letting our family and friends know how he was doing and that he was going home today.  He said he wanted to write something on the blog. I suggested I do the typing and he can just tell me what he wants to say.  He told me to make sure that I put that it's "by Jayson".  This is his message word for word:

"I'm sleepy cause I haven't slept in the past 2 days because I think it's from the 3 weeks of sedation. I had waffles for breakfast today and I'm trying new foods. So I can get used to being at home more. When I get the chance to be at home. Thank you all for your prayers and thank you for reading the blog."  by Jayson

1 comment:

  1. We are all so happy that you are going home Jayson. We all love you and will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. May God continue to bless you and your entire family!!! Love Edward, Tiffany and the Salazar Family

    ReplyDelete